TV presenter Jake Humphrey praying for Wigan to take City to extra-time in Cup Final - to help his beloved Norwich City
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Celebrity Norwich City fan Jake Humphrey, who is covering the FA Cup final today, is praying for it to go to extra-time - so the Wigan players will be tired and more likely to lose their last two games.
The Canaries play West Brom at Carrow Road tomorrow and the former Hewett School pupil believes it's a 'must-win' game.
He said: 'Norwich have got themselves in a position where they have to win at least one of their last two games. And with Manchester City away the last game, tomorrow's game against West Brom is a must-win.
'Hopefully, if Wigan take Man City in the Cup Final to extra-time then they will be very tired, and will lose their last games.'
Mr Humphrey, who is the new frontman for BT Sport, which will be screening live Premier League matches next season, said his baby daughter Florence, who was born in March, was doing fine.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns