Tulips set field near King’s Lynn ablaze
- Credit: Ian Burt
Tulips have set a Norfolk field ablaze with colour under the late spring sunshine.
Rows of red and yellow flowers dance in the breeze at East Winch, near King's Lynn. Fields and fields of them are grown around the Fens.
But their blooms aren't destined for the shops. Instead farmers raise the flowers and cut their heads off for their bulbs.
Later in the year, they'll go on sale so gardeners up and down the land can enjoy a colourful display next year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price