Teams from across the region gather for bowls tournament
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 bowls teams gathered at the weekend for an annual tournament.
Saturday July 28 saw 24 teams from clubs across the region enter the annual Triples Tournament at Hethersett Social Bowls Club.
The teams battled their way through five games in the initial rounds.
Many of the games were very close but two teams from Hethersett got into the semi final led by Martyn Ellis and John Slaughter.
Also in the semi-final were a team from The Mitre led by Julie Rust and a team from Wymondham Dell Elvin led by Brian Elvin.
You may also want to watch:
The final between Hethersett and The Mitre was won by John, Carole and Jenna Slaughter from Hethersett.
Carole Slaughter, chair of Hethersett Social Bowls Club said: 'It was a long day but enjoyed by all who took part.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
'Our thanks to Colney Phsyio for sponsoring the prizes and a donation from the event will soon be made to The Big C.'