Tricky contenders set for action in Cromer Carnival skateboard competition
- Credit: Archant
Tricky contenders are set to spin into action at the Cromer Carnival Skateboard Competition.
Boarders and bikers will be showing off their best tricks and stunts at the town's skatepark on Thursday, August 18.
The competition sponsored by The Wet Dog Surf & Beachwear Shop is providing prizes in three categories - scooter, skateboard and BMX.
Judging will be based on the complexity and execution of the moves, use of park, style and above all effort and enjoyment.
Cromer mayor Tim Adams said: 'This is the first such event we have had in some time, but we're hoping to organize more in the near future with more help from users of the skate park.'
You may also want to watch:
Times as follows:
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
10am - Registration for skateboard competition
10.30am - Skateboard competition
11am - Sign in for BMX competition
11.30am - BMX competition
Noon - Sign in for scooter competition
12.30pm - Scooter competition