Tricky contenders set for action in Cromer Carnival skateboard competition
- Credit: Archant
Tricky contenders are set to spin into action at the Cromer Carnival Skateboard Competition.
Boarders and bikers will be showing off their best tricks and stunts at the town's skatepark on Thursday, August 18.
The competition sponsored by The Wet Dog Surf & Beachwear Shop is providing prizes in three categories - scooter, skateboard and BMX.
Judging will be based on the complexity and execution of the moves, use of park, style and above all effort and enjoyment.
Cromer mayor Tim Adams said: 'This is the first such event we have had in some time, but we're hoping to organize more in the near future with more help from users of the skate park.'
Times as follows:
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 5 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 6 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 7 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 10 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
10am - Registration for skateboard competition
10.30am - Skateboard competition
11am - Sign in for BMX competition
11.30am - BMX competition
Noon - Sign in for scooter competition
12.30pm - Scooter competition