Tributes to 10-year-old Wisbech schoolboy Kastytis, who died in collision with lorry
- Credit: Archant
Loving tributes have been left at the spot where a 10-year-old boy died after being involved in a collision with a lorry.
Kastytis Dambrauskas was riding his bike to school when the incident happened on Weasenham Lane, Wisbech, at about 8.30am on Monday, July 16.
A fence at the scene has been covered in cuddly toys and messages for the youngster.
'Love you to the moon and back,' one reads. Another says: 'Taken too soon.'
After the crash, his family said in a statement issued via Cambridgeshire police: 'Words cannot express the devastation we are feeling following the loss of Kastytis.
You may also want to watch:
'He was a very much loved son, brother, nephew and grandson. He will be sorely missed by all.
'He was a keen swimmer and loved being in the water. If he wasn't swimming he was listening to music.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
They added: 'We are incredibly grateful for the help and support we have received as a family but we would now like to ask that we are left alone at this tough time to grieve in private.'
On social media hundreds have offered condolences and tributes to Kastytis's family.