Tribute to motorcyclist who died in A134 crash
- Credit: Archant
A family has paid tribute to a man who died after his motorcycle was involved in a collision with a van.
Nigel Reynolds, 53, suffered fatal injuries in the crash, which happened on the A134 at Stradsett, near Downham Market, on Thursday morning.
Police said the van driver, who is aged in his 20s, had been arrested and released under investigation.
In a statement, Mr Reynolds' family said: 'On the January 31, 2019, Nigel Reynolds, aged 53, was tragically taken from us after being involved in a motorbike accident.
'Nige was a family man, a husband to Lorraine, dad to Gavin, Dale and Chloe, Grandad to Ellen, Isaac and Freya, as well as son to Beryl and Bryan, a brother, father in law, uncle and friend to many.
'Nige loved his motorbikes and was a huge Moto GP fan, as well as being a lifelong Norwich City supporter. He served in the Royal Air Force for 22 years and more recently worked for Mars where during this time was able to help support the Kings Lynn food bank.
'Nige was the kindest man you could ever meet with the biggest heart. He was loved by everyone who met him, and was always happiest when surrounded by his family. Our lives will never be the same again.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 10 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
'The family respectfully request that we are left alone during this difficult time.'
Emergency services were called shortly after 7.30am on Thursday to reports of a collision between a motorcyclist and a Ford Transit van near to the Foldgate Inn and junction of the A134 and A1122.
Mr Reynolds was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries where he later died. The road was closed for five hours.
Police are appealing for information about the crash, particularly anyone who saw the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash camera footage.
Witnesses should contact Sgt Peter Howlett at the Roads Armed Policing Team at Swaffham on 101 quoting incident reference 54 of January 31, or email HowlettP@norfolk.police.uk.