Tributes paid after US serviceman Staff Sgt Ivone Rios dies at RAF Feltwell
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Tributes have been paid to a American serviceman who died at Norfolk US air base.
Staff Sgt Ivone Rios - a cyber transport systems maintainer assigned to American Forces Network-United Kingdom, a tenant unit of the 48th Fighter Wing - was found unconscious at RAF Feltwell, near Thetford,
Despite attempts by emergency responders to revive Staff Sgt Rios, they were unsuccessful.
The cause of the death on Monday, September 11 is currently unknown and details will not be released until an investigation is complete.
A statement from the 48th Fighter Wing said: 'On behalf of the Liberty Wing, we offer our deepest condolences to Staff Sgt. Rios' family and friends during this difficult time.'
You may also want to watch:
Did you know Staff Sgt Rios? Pay your tribute by commenting below, on our Facebook page or by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home