‘Ride free’ - tributes to biker killed in crash
- Credit: Archant
Flowers and tributes have been left by the roadside at the scene where a motorcyclist was killed on Wednesday.
The motorcyclist died following a crash with a van at the junction of Fir Covert Road and Reepham Road, between Felthorpe and Taverham.
Emergency services were called to the crash, which involved a Yamaha motorcycle and a MAN TGE van at 1.15pm.
The male motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the van was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Flowers and a memorial cross have now been left at the scene.
One tribute reads: "We are going to miss you...ride free".
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
The road was closed while emergency services attended the scene, with diversions put in place so investigations could be carried out.
The road did not reopen until shortly before 6pm on the day of the crash.
Police have placed blue warning signs by the sides of the Reepham Road, stating that there was a fatal crash at the junction.
The signs are also appealing for witnesses, with Norfolk police keen to hear from anyone who saw the crash, or the manner of driving of either of the vehicles prior to the collision.
Anybody who can help should contact Norfolk police's Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting reference CAD 212 of June 26.
Would you like to pay tribute to the motorcyclist? Email email@example.com.