Tributes left for man, 27, hit by bus
The man who died after being hit by a bus near Beccles was 27-year-old Matthew Arundell, from Derbyshire.s
The man who died after being hit by a bus near Beccles was 27-year-old Matthew Arundell, from Derbyshire.
Mr Arundell was hit by a bus at 12.50am on Saturday morning as he was walking towards Gillingham from the Beccles direction.
He had just crossed the bridge on the A146 bypass when he was hit.
Floral tributes have been left at the scene alongside teddy bears and candles.
One tribute, signed "Your lickle flower Vicky" read: "My darling Matty, my thoughts are always of you. Such a tragic end to a beautiful life.
"I love you so much, I can't believe you're gone. I'll always be yours."
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
Other tributes read: "RIP You will be dearly missed" and "We will all miss you."
Police said Mr Arundell was staying in the area, and that there were passengers on the bus when the accident happened.