Tribute to ‘a wonderful daughter’
The parents of a teenager who died in a car crash have paid touching tributes to their 'wonderful daughter'.
Kathryn Rivett, 18, from Carlton Colville, died in the collision on the A143-A146 Norwich road at Gillingham on Tuesday, July 17, along with Sam Jaggard, who was also 18.
Their friend, 18-year-old Georgia Puttock, who was driving the Vauxhall Corsa in which they were both passengers, was injured in the crash and she is now in the James Paget University hospital in Gorleston in a 'comfortable' condition.
Kathryn's parents, Martin and Lyn, of Airedale, Carlton Colville, said she had returned from a holiday in Turkey with Georgia and two other friends just four days before the fatal crash.
An apprentice travel agent at Thomas Cook in Norwich, Kathryn loved travelling. Mrs Rivett said: 'Kathryn organised the holiday and they had a wonderful time. They came back on the Saturday and she was as happy as she has been for a long time.'
Kathryn enjoyed life, she said, particularly partying and socialising and had a big circle of friends. Mr Rivett added: 'We've been amazed how many friends she had.'
As one of three children, Mr and Mrs Rivett said that Kathryn was 'very, very close' to her two older brothers, Eddie, 29, and Jared, 26, who are both in the army. Kathryn normally used the bus to get to and from work in Norwich, but on the day of the crash she was picked up by Georgia and Sam, who had been shopping in the city. Mr Rivett said: 'Kathryn had the day off on Wednesday, so she had arranged to have a meal with her friends on the Tuesday evening and was to meet them at 8pm. Her friends called us to ask where Kathryn was as she hadn't turned up and they couldn't get hold of her. We tried texting and ringing her – it was about 11.30pm when the police arrived on the doorstep and we knew something was wrong.' Mrs Rivett added: 'She was a wonderful daughter who will be sadly missed.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles
- 10 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
Tributes were paid by local sporting clubs last week to Sam, who was a talented golf player tipped for a professional career.