Trial to begin of three men charged in connection with murder of retired Cambridgeshire farmer
- Credit: Archant
THREE men are due to go on trial on Monday at Cambridge Crown Court in connection with the murder of retired farmer Llywelyn Thomas.
Frankie Parker, 26 of Nene Road, Ely, and Gary Smith 21, of no fixed address, are both charged with murder.
John Smith, 67, of Wold Gate, Bridlington, North Humberside, is charged with assisting an offender.
Mr Thomas, 76, was discovered in his home in Ely Road, Chittering, on the morning of Sunday, December 18, 2011. He had last been seen alive the previous evening.
At one stage during the police investigation a £50,000 reward was put up by his family, Crimestoppers and Cambridgeshire police.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thomas had farmed in Bridgend in south Wales before moving to the Cambridgeshire hamlet of Chittering – eight miles south of Ely and off the A10- some 14 years ago.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 8 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box