Trees destroyed in vandalism attack
RICHARD PARR A town council is offering a reward leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the destruction of dozens of mature trees in a millennium park.
A reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the destruction of dozens of mature trees in a Fakenham park.
In some cases an inspection of the more mature tress has revealed that vandals used a saw to cut through the trunks and the attack, at the town's Queen's Road Millennium Park, is believed to have taken place on the same evening.
Fakenham town clerk Christine Harrow said that the attack, believed to have been carried out on Thursday evening, was "wanton destruction".
She said that those responsible do not give a thought to the cost of replacing the 28 tress and shrubs destroyed.
"The town council feels so strongly about this that is offering a reward leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible, said Mrs Harrow.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 5 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 6 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 7 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
As well as the tree destruction recently purchased play equipment has had abusive graffiti sprayed on it and this has had to be scraped off because of its foul nature.
At the town's Creak Road cemetery the public toilet was wrenched from the wall and damaged beyond repair and some newly planted
trees in the cemetery's extension area have been vandalised.