Trees catch fire in village drama near Mildenhall
Fire crews had to call in an extra water carrier to help prevent a fire which engulfed trees and rubbish in a village from spreading further.
They were called in shortly after 8pm on Saturday after the fire took hold in Higham Road, Tuddenham, near Mildenhall.
A team from Mildenhall was dispatched and found what the service said was a 'large quantity' of trees and rubbish ablaze.
An extra water carrier was called in to help protect the area surrounding the scene.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'