Tree falls on van near Great Melton
- Credit: Archant
These pictures show the damage after a tree fell on to a van on the B1108 near Great Melton on Tuesday afternoon.
Police were called to the scene at around 3pm after the tree fell onto the van causing significant damage to the roof and windscreen. The driver was not injured.
The road was blocked for nearly an hour and a half as a team from Highway England worked to move the tree.
It follows similar incidents around the county today due to heavy rain and strong winds.
A fallen tree brought down power cables on Buxton Road in Frettenham, near Coltishall. Fallen trees also blocked roads in Great Fransham and Parhill Fair Green, near King's Lynn. A caravan at Reedham was also damaged by a fallen tree.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub