Tree branch comes down on car in Taverham
Two people had a lucky escape after a tree branch crashed down onto their car as it was parked at a doctor's surgery in Taverham.
The branch of the oak tree came down on the vehicle in the car park of Taverham Surgery, in Sandy Lane. just before 3pm today.
Paramedics, firefighters and police went to the scene.
Fire crews from North Earlham and Sprowston helped a 60-year-old woman from the car and ambulance crews checked that she was okay.
Police and fire crews, who spent about 20 minutes at the scene, put up tape sealing off the car park, but the surgery remained open.
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Turner, patient services manager at the surgery said: 'Nobody was hurt and the emergency services were at the scene very quickly.'
The tree was on neighbouring land which belongs to the 1st Taverham Scout Group.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church