Welcome to Deerham - treasure hunt reveals all about deer in Norfolk
- Credit: Chloe Bartrum
Dereham Walkers are Welcome is offering the chance for children to find out more about deer, and their connection with Dereham.
Children and their families are invited to join a 'treasure hunt' to explore parts of Neatherd Moor where information about the deer will be found.
Walkers are Welcome aims to encourage and support towns and villages to be attractive destinations for walkers with top quality information on local walks and offer local people and visitors excellent walking opportunities within their areas.
Ken Hawkins from Walker are welcome said: "According to the British Deer Society, there are 6 species of deer living freely in the British countryside. Five of them are likely to be seen in Norfolk."
The exploration, on Saturday, August 17, will take about an hour, at a cost of £2 per child. All children completing the hunt will also receive a small gift.
For more information text Ken Hawkins on 07505 426750.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs