Travelling couple from Attleborough mark a milestone on life’s journey
- Credit: Archant
An Attleborough couple with a lifelong passion for travel have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.
Mae and Trevor Moffett, both 86, marked the milestone on March 30 with family in Fuengirola on Spain's Costa del Sol.
Gill Browne, daughter, said: 'They love this location and hotel and have been going there for many years.
'They both love ballroom dancing, although they don't do too much of it nowadays, and they find that the hotels in Spain cater well for the older generation who like to dance.'
Mr and Mrs Moffett went to school together, and got engaged when they were 21. Mrs Moffett worked as a midwife and Mr Moffett joined the Royal Air Force.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Browne said they had spent two-and-a-half years stationed in Singapore before returning to the UK and settling in Attleborough.
She said: 'We returned to England in 1968 and after working at RAF Coltishall and then a few years later at RAF Honington dad retired from the RAF at 45 and they bought their first house - the house where they live now.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
'Mum decided to return to work and worked at St Edmund's home for the elderly in Attleborough for 22 years, and dad retrained in colour television repairs and worked at Norfolk TV Centre in Attleborough, until they both retired at 65.'
'Since then they have travelled extensively, visiting New Zealand, Canada, America, Israel and the Mediterranean.'
The couple have three children and two grandchildren.