Travelling couple from Attleborough get set to mark a milestone on life’s journey
- Credit: Archant
An Attleborough couple with a lifelong passion for travel are preparing to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary.
Mae and Trevor Moffett, both 86, will mark the milestone on March 30 with family in Fuengirola on Spain's Costa del Sol.
Gill Browne, daughter, said: 'They love this location and hotel and have been going there for many years.
'They both love ballroom dancing, although they don't do too much of it nowadays, and they find that the hotels in Spain cater well for the older generation who like to dance.'
Mr and Mrs Moffett went to school together, and got engaged when they were 21. Mrs Moffett worked as a midwife and Mr Moffett joined the Royal Air Force.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Browne said they had spent two-and-a-half years stationed in Singapore before returning to the UK and settling in Attleborough.
She said: 'We returned to England in 1968 and after working at RAF Coltishall and then a few years later at RAF Honington dad retired from the RAF at 45 and they bought their first house - the house where they live now.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
'Mum decided to return to work and worked at St Edmund's home for the elderly in Attleborough for 22 years, and dad retrained in colour television repairs and worked at Norfolk TV Centre in Attleborough, until they both retired at 65.'
'Since then they have travelled extensively, visiting New Zealand, Canada, America, Israel and the Mediterranean.'
The couple have three children and two grandchildren.