Travellers set up ‘unauthorised encampment’ on car park
- Credit: Archant
A group of Travellers have set up camp on a car park illegally.
It is understood that a small number of caravans and motorhomes arrived at the Pakefield Road car park in Lowestoft on Monday, August 3.
An East Suffolk Council spokesman said they were due to be visiting the site of the encampment on the car park near to CEFAS in Pakefield on August 4.
A spokesman for East Suffolk Council said: “We are aware of an unauthorised encampment in Pakefield and are working with the police and the Norfolk and Suffolk Gypsy, Roma and Traveller liaison team to address the situation.
“A welfare assessment is due to be carried out this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Actions will be taken in accordance with the Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Protocol for unauthorised encampments.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford