Travellers set up camp at Lowestoft car park
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers have set up camp in a Lowestoft car park.
Waveney District Council and Suffolk Police were alerted to three caravans which had arrived at the Clifton Road car park, near to the Kirkley Mill Health Centre, at about 3.30pm today (Tuesday, April 12).
Over an hour later that number had increased to about 10, despite police officers arriving to advise the group that they could not leave their caravans there because it is a pay and display car park.
A council spokesman said the authority is looking to assess the situation and minimise disruption for all concerned.
He added that a travel liaison officer would be speaking to the group.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the force would be liaising with the council about the situation.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools