Travellers move onto car park of former Lidl store
- Credit: Archant
Travellers have moved onto the car park of a former Lidl store in Norwich.
It is understood that they arrived at the site, on Copenhagen Way, near Aylsham Road, between Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22.
The former store closed at the end of January this year after the company announced it was opening another supermarket 400m away on Aylsham Road.
Norfolk Police said it was aware of the encampment and was 'working with partners'.
A spokesman for Lidl said: 'We can confirm that bailiffs have been instructed to serve a notice of eviction to the trespassers that have occupied our land on Copenhagen Way.'
A police spokesman said: 'Norfolk Police are aware of a traveller encampment at the disused Lidl site in Copenhagen Way, Norwich, and we are working with partners.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'