Trains through Beccles at standstill as points failure blocks line
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Due to a points failure at Beccles the line was blocked this evening.
Disruption was expected until at least 7pm with train services running through the station cancelled or delayed.
As the result of a track circuit failure, trains were unable to run between Halesworth and Lowestoft. Due to the rail replacement operation between Ipswich and Halesworth, buses were extended to run all the way to Lowestoft.
The first affected service was the 4.10pm Halesworth to Lowestoft train.
'The disruption has now ended.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation