Trains cancelled again this morning between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A number of services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft have been cancelled this morning because there aren't enough trains.
A statement from train operator Abellio Greater Anglia said: 'This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.'
Services that have been cancelled this morning include: the 7.32am and 8.45am Great Yarmouth to Norwich services; the 6.52am and 8.09am Norwich to Great Yarmouth services; the 10.05am Norwich to Lowestoft service; and the 10.57 Lowestoft to Norwich service.
Meanwhile season ticket holders for services on the Norwich to Great Yarmouth line are being offered compensation for the disruption to trains over the last two weeks.
Jamie Burles, managing director of Abellio Greater Anglia, said: 'The situation over the last fortnight in terms of diesel train availability has been unprecedented. Whilst autumn rail conditions are always problematic, we have never seen anywhere near this level of damage to train wheels or such a serious effect on fleet availability before.
'I am sorry for the severe impact this has had on your journeys with us. We have set up a special claims arrangement for Weekly, Monthly and Annual Season ticket holders...to refund the equivalent daily cost of travel for each day our train service was suspended.'
He added: 'I can assure you that we will keep on doing all we can to overcome this problem. We hope that there will be an improving situation in train availability and, therefore, in train service delivery from now on.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
• For more details about train services, including how Norwich to Great Yarmouth season ticker holders can apply for compensation, visit www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk