Trains between Norwich and Great Yarmouth running again after ‘operating incident’ caused cancellations
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Train services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth are running again after earlier cancellations due to what was described as an 'operating incident'.
Greater Anglia had warned there would be no trains until at least 12pm, but the problem has been dealt with sooner than first estimated.
There were cancellations on both lines - via Acle and via Reedham/Barney Arms.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said the cancellations had been caused because, of a points problem at Norwich railway station.
He said, in the early hours, an empty train which was being moved had passed over some points which then failed. But that meant that trains further down the sidings were then blocked in.
You may also want to watch:
However, engineers have now sorted out the problem.
Greater Anglia has apologised for disruption to services.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen