Trains between Norwich and Diss affected by high winds
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains between Norwich and Diss were severly affected by Storm Doris as high winds swept across the region.
Many services between Norwich and Diss were delayed or cancelled due to the loss of overhead power lines.
Fallen trees repeatedly affected trains running in both directions, blocking trains between Norwich and Diss and Stowmarket and Diss.
Passengers were left waiting on platforms and in waiting rooms as information boards offered very few clues as to when services would arrive.
Although diesel trains replaced electric services, they were forced to travel at reduced speeds due to debris on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
Major disruptions are expected to last until the end of the day.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines