Trains between Norwich and Diss affected by high winds
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains between Norwich and Diss were severly affected by Storm Doris as high winds swept across the region.
Many services between Norwich and Diss were delayed or cancelled due to the loss of overhead power lines.
Fallen trees repeatedly affected trains running in both directions, blocking trains between Norwich and Diss and Stowmarket and Diss.
Passengers were left waiting on platforms and in waiting rooms as information boards offered very few clues as to when services would arrive.
Although diesel trains replaced electric services, they were forced to travel at reduced speeds due to debris on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
Major disruptions are expected to last until the end of the day.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more