Trains and roads back to normal after vehicle hits level crossing barriers in Brandon
- Credit: Archant
There were delays on the trains and roads in Brandon this afternoon after a vehicle hit level crossing barriers.
The incident happened at about 1.45pm and caused the barriers at the crossing on the A1065 Mundford Road, near The Great Eastern Hotel, to stay in the down position.
Trains on Greater Anglia's Breckland line had to run at reduced speeds on the lines which passed through the town's station.
There were also delays of 15 minutes.
Network Rail attended the incident and fixed the barriers - which were reopened, along with the road, at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody was believed to have been hurt in the incident.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage