Delays as train hits car at level crossing
- Credit: Archant
A train has hit a car at a level crossing, causing delays to rail services between Norwich and Cambridge.
Train operator Greater Anglia said the vehicle was struck at Waterbeach on the edge of the Fens in Cambridgeshire at 5.45pm today.
The company said services between Cambridge and Ely, King's Lynn and Norwich are disrupted.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said the train involved in the incident belonged to Great Northern.
It is understood that the driver of the car escaped with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The crossing has now reopened.
Advance purchase tickets holders will be allowed to travel on earlier or later trains if their booked service is cancelled.
• If your journey has been delayed by 30 minutes or more, you may be entitled to compensation for a portion of your fare. visit http://www.greateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay for details
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 VIDEO: Cantwell missing as City prepare for Chelsea trip