Train delays on the Norwich to London line
- Credit: Archant © 2012
There are delays on the Norwich to London train line this morning due to signalling problems.
Abellio Greater Anglia is reporting delays of up to 20 minutes on the line because of a fault with the signalling system at Ipswich.
The disruption is expected to last until 8.30am today.
An Abellio Greater Anglia statement said: 'We thank you for your patience and understanding whilst Network Rail work to restore a normal train service.'
Meanwhile, the train operator has also issued an apology for the disruption caused to passengers yesterday evening due to signalling problems between Ipswich and Stowmarket.
You may also want to watch:
The statement said: 'We are sorry if your train journey was disrupted yesterday evening. There was a complete failure of the signalling system between Ipswich and Stowmarket due to cable damage.
'This signalling problem resulted in cancellations and delays to trains from Ipswich to Cambridge, Peterborough, Norwich and London.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
'We are working with Network Rail to establish the exact cause of the problems in order to avoid a repeat of this incident.'
'We would like to make you aware of our delay repay policy which can be found on the Abellio Greater Anglia website: