Broken down train causes trouble for rail passengers
- Credit: Archant
A broken down freight train is causing delays and cancellations to train services on the mainline between Norwich and London this morning.
Passengers are being advised to check before they travel.
The 7.30am from London Liverpool Street to Norwich has been cancelled and a number of others services including the 5.30am Norwich to London Liverpool Street and 6am Norwich to London will be delayed by 15 minutes due to a broken down freight train near Ipswich.
The 7.55am London Liverpool Street to Norwich, due 9.48am will no longer call at Liverpool Street and will instead start at Ipswich.
The 8.30am London Liverpool Street to Norwich will be started from Colchester and will no longer call a Liverpool Street, Stratford or Chelmsford.
For the latest Greater Anglia travel updates visit the journey check website.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 7 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year