Train delays after level crossing fault
- Credit: Sonya Brown
Passengers travelling by train between Norwich and London faced disruption due to faults at a level crossing.
Barriers at a crossing at Tivetshall, between Norwich and Diss, are defective and trains are having to travel at a reduced speed.
Rail provider Greater Anglia (GA) said disruption is expected until further notice and delays were expected.
A GA spokesperson said: "Due to a fault with barriers at a level crossing between Norwich and Diss trains have to run at reduced speed on all lines.
"The level crossing barriers at Tivetshall near Diss are defective.
You may also want to watch:
"Disruption is expected until further notice.
"Train services between London Liverpool Street and Norwich may be delayed by up to 10 minutes.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
"Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption."
GA confirmed the disruption had ended just before 8.30am.