Train breakdown closes Norwich to Liverpool Street line
Rail commuters from Norwich to London are this morning being hit by serious delays due to a broken down train at Diss.
Services to Liverpool Street have stopped following the breakdown of the 7.40am train on the line near Diss.
A National Express East Anglia spokesman said: 'A recovery locomotive is on the way and we will resume services as soon as the train is recovered.'
There are currently delays of up to 20 minutes between Norwich and Ipswich and it is hoped that services will return to normal by 1pm.
To find out whether this will impact your journey and to get alternative options planned for you, please use the National Rail inquiries real-time journey planner, or call TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply