Yella Bella colourful character
MY first car was a 1932 Austin 7 two-seater coupe, which I bought in 1959 on student nurse's pay.
The car had to be cranked to start as it did not have a self-starter.
The renovations, which my father and I did, were to paint it bright yellow – it was then known as Yella Bella, make two new running boards, use sliding bolts to hold the doors shut, make a new green canvas roof and orange seat covers – very distinctive!
In the photograph are my girlfriend and I on a camping holiday, giving a ride to a fellow-camper, who was fascinated by the car.
Mrs WA Galley, Archdale Close, West Winch, King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
We want to share your memories of your first car. Send memories and pictures of your first car to email@example.com or Andy Russell, EDP Features, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE. Please include your address and telephone number so photographs can be returned.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners