Three-car crash on A11 sees lane closed and delays
- Credit: Archant
Three cars were involved in a crash on the A11 which has seen one lane closed and is causing delays near Wymondham.
A silver Ford Fusion, a black Ford Fiesta Zetec and a black Chevrolet Spark were all involved in the crash, which happened at around 5pm on Wednesday, December 23, close to the junction at Spooner Row.
One of the drivers had lost control in the wet weather and aquaplaned, Norfolk police said, before being hit by a second car, causing them both to come to a stop in the slow lane on the southbound carriageway towards Thetford. The third car hit the central reservation.
No-one is believed to have been injured in the incident, though the slow lane is currently closed while the cars are recovered. Drivers are warned to expect delays if travelling southbound along the A11.
The wet weather has caused several problems on Norfolk's highways this evening, with heavy rain causing flooding at several points on the A140, including at Pulham Market and Long Stratton.
A car has also gone into a hedge on the A140 at Dickleburgh.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: "We're seeing a high volume of incidents on the county's roads. Please drive to the conditions, take extra care and allow extra time for your journey where possible."
For more up-to-date information on the county's roads, visit our live traffic map.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 9 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 10 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules