Work to begin next month on cycle scheme in the north of Norwich
Work is to begin next month on a £425,000 cycle scheme in the north of Norwich.
The work on Magdalen Road - which forms part of the wider Transport for Norwich plan - is scheduled to start on Monday, August 7 and is expected to take about 12 weeks to complete.
Once it is finished it will see a dedicated track for cyclists heading northbound out of the city from 30 to 68 Magdalen Road, and will give cyclists using the track priority over the side roads and junctions.
There will also be alterations to the road layout and the traffic signals at the junction of Magdalen Road and Sprowston Road, including improvements for cyclists heading into the city.
A 20mph speed limit will also be put in place in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Part of Magdalen Road from house numbers 28 to 50 is to be resurfaced, and 'flush footpath crossings' will be put in place at the junctions of Magdalen Road with Albany Road, Shipstone Road, Clarke Road and Knowsley Road.
The project - which has been funded by a £425,000 Department for Transport Cycle City Ambition Grant - is expected to be completed by November 3, but there will be some disruption while the work takes place.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 6 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
There will be two-way traffic lights along Magdalen Road, and the inbound lane of Magdalen Road will be temporarily closed around the junction with Sprowston Road up to about 57 metres north of the junction while work takes place.
The outbound lane of Sprowston Road will be temporarily closed from its junction with Magdalen Road to its junction with Northcote Road.
There will be road closures at Albany Road, Shipstone Road, Clarke Road and Knowsley Road during the first four weeks of the works, from August 7 to September 4.
Towards the end of project there will be a road closure of Magdalen Road to allow for part of the road to be resurfaced.
The project is the latest in a long line of road works across the city in recent times.
What are your thoughts on the road changes in and around Norwich?
Write to Letters, Evening News, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE or alternatively email email@example.com