Wiper blades: are you seeing clearly?
- Credit: Archant Dialogue
A car's windscreen wiper blades may seem minor, but regular checks can prevent bigger problems down the line
Before heading off on a long journey, many (wise) people will check their car's oil. Some may even check fluid levels and tyres. But few of us regularly check our wiper blades.
They may be little things, but checking your front and rear windscreen wipers will help to improve both driving comfort and safety.
Streaks or smears when using your wipers could be a sign of your wipers getting old. See our top tips box for more detail.
If you need new wipers, simply enter your registration into the car finder and the Wilco site will tell you which wiper blades you need!
You may also want to watch:
Dangers, risks and costs
Any of these symptoms can leave unwashed margins and bands of rain on the windscreen, limiting visibility. It doesn't need to be said how dangerous reduced visibility can be.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
As well as damaged wipers increasing the risk of having an accident, worn wipers can come loose and damage your windscreen, resulting in costly repairs.
Damaged wiper blades can also result in your car failing its MoT.
Check your wipers regularly and ideally replace them once a year. High mileage drivers may have to change them more often.
Are you in need of new Wipers? Not sure how to fit them? Wilco offer a very competitive fitting service from just £1.50. Not only could that £1.50 save your more money in damage costs… it could even save your life!
• This article has been sponsored by Wilco Motor Spares.