A148 closed for emergency roadworks
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A burst water main has forced the emergency closure of the A148 this morning.
Police said shortly after 8.30am on Friday that the road was closed at West Rudham, between Fakenham and King's Lynn, and that diversion signs had been put in place.
Barriers are in place on the road, where parts of the road surface have already been dug up.
Anglian Water engineers will be on site to carry out repairs to the water main, with the road closed while work is completed.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
Drivers heading eastbound are advised to follow a signed diversion route, which takes them along the B1153 past Great Bircham and Bircham Tofts, before turning right on the B1454 until rejoining the A148 at Coxford.
Westbound motorists can follow the same route in reverse.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown