A148 closed for emergency roadworks
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A burst water main has forced the emergency closure of the A148 this morning.
Police said shortly after 8.30am on Friday that the road was closed at West Rudham, between Fakenham and King's Lynn, and that diversion signs had been put in place.
Barriers are in place on the road, where parts of the road surface have already been dug up.
Anglian Water engineers will be on site to carry out repairs to the water main, with the road closed while work is completed.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
Drivers heading eastbound are advised to follow a signed diversion route, which takes them along the B1153 past Great Bircham and Bircham Tofts, before turning right on the B1454 until rejoining the A148 at Coxford.
Westbound motorists can follow the same route in reverse.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named