Roadworks postponed due to snow and ice
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Planned roadworks which were due to take place this week have been postponed because of the snow and icy weather.
Norfolk County Council has said maintenance works in west Norfolk that have been postponed include resurfacing work on Lynn Road in Castle Rising, Ringstead Road in Thornham, Bircham Road in Stanhoe and Langley Road in South Wootton.
The council has also postponed road resurfacing at Clockcase Lane at the request of Anglian Water to allow "necessary treatment centre access" while they are managing flooding issues across the region.
A spokesperson said: “The current adverse weather conditions have meant we have had to postpone a number of small highway schemes that were due to take place across the county this week.
"This includes pavement and road resurfacing work which simply can’t be carried out in this type of icy and snowy weather, and highways teams have instead been prioritising the around the clock work to keep the key network open in very tricky conditions.
“The highway improvements will take place at a later date which will be publicised nearer the time.”
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 10 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12