Watch: Aerial footage shows progression of Norwich’s NDR
- Credit: Archant
Aerial footage taken by two Norfolk pilots of the Northern Distributor Road (NDR) in Norwich shows progress on the new road since the pair shot their last video in June.
Mike Page and his co-pilot Dan Gay are taking a video of the 12.5-mile route from the air each month to track the progress of the £178.5m development.
The latest video, shot on Tuesday, shows that there has been some progress since last month's video to some of the initial road excavation with a number of stretches looking wider and more defined. Workman can also be seen driving up and down the route.
The route has been dubbed a 'road to nowhere' by critics and faced a legal challenge last year. But Norfolk County Council say it will bring a huge economic boost and transport improvements.
Last week Norfolk County Council agreed to fund a proposal into possibly linking the NDR to the A47 west of Norwich. The money would be used to produce evidence to show that problems created by the opening of the NDR would justify the linking of the roads.
You may also want to watch:
The lack of a connection has been a criticism of the road, which will stretch from the A47 at Postwick to the A1067 Fakenham Road.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 6 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 7 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 8 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 9 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash