Warning of delays on Norwich ring road
Drivers have been warned to expect disruption when resurfacing work starts on Norwich's ring road on Thursday.
Essential resurfacing work to Barrett Road in Lakenham - the A146 - is being carried out as part of Norwich City Council's road maintenance programme.
Work on the road between Hall Road and Mansfield Lane starts on Thursday and will take about 11 weekdays to complete, weather permitting.
From Monday <22>, Mansfield Lane will be closed to through traffic north and south of its junction with Barrett Road to allow resurfacing to take place as quickly and safely as possible.
The ring road will be passable, but traffic will be restricted by lane closures and temporary traffic control.
You may also want to watch:
Delays are likely and city council bosses are urging people to avoid the area if possible. A diversion route will be signed via Hall Road and Sandy Lane.
No parking will be available within the working area. Pedestrians will still be able to use the paths, and vehicle access will be available up to either side of the closure.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Air ambulance attends crash on the A11
The work, costing �250,000, will be done by May Gurney.