Update: Westlegate reopened in Norwich city centre
- Credit: Archant
Westlegate in Norwich city centre has reopened after earlier being closed to all vehicles until unauthorised hoardings had been moved.
The road, which takes one-way traffic from All Saints Green to the bottom of St Stephen's Street, had been expected to remain closed for this evening's rush hour.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said the road had to be closed because the hoardings and associated traffic management, which have not been properly authorised, were causing a serious obstruction for vehicles, including buses, and pedestrians.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time