Update: Second crash on A47 Norwich southern bypass after digger falls off trailer
Drivers faced delays on Norwich's southern bypass this morning after a trailer shed its load.
A lane on the westbound carriageway of the A47 between the A140 Ipswich Road and the A11 Thickthorn roundabout slip road was closed just after 6.30am.
A digger which was on the back of a trailer fell off and hit the central reservation. The lane had reopened by 9.45am.
Drivers faced further delays after a second crash on the eastbound carriageway near Harford Bridges just after 8,30am.
A lorry and a Ford Mondeo were involved in a crash.
You may also want to watch:
The problems led to long tailbacks.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 3 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 8 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC