Update: Road reopens following serious crash between Thetford and Swaffham
A Norfolk road has reopened following a crash between a car and a lorry this morning,
The crash happened at about 7.15am on the A134 near Santon Downham, near the junction with the A1065.
One person was trapped and firefighters and ambulance crews went to the scene. One man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
The A134 was closed in both directions between the A11 junction in Thetford and the A1065 Swaffham Road junction in Lynford until 1.30pm.
Diesel was leaking from the lorry onto the road and traffic was queuing for two miles on the A1065.
You may also want to watch:
Brandon also almost came to a standstill as motorists sought alternative routes.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers