Update: One dead after head-on crash at Horstead
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk police have confirmed one person has died after a head-on crash at Horstead.
The crash, which involved two cars, happened on the B1150 Norwich Road at Horstead at about 1.50pm.
Norfolk police has confirmed that one person died in the crash, which happened near Green Lane, while two other people are in hospital.
One person, said to have multiple injuries, was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Another person was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police said no further information relating to the deceased or the vehicles will be released at this stage.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent two ambulances, two paramedic officers and a rapid response vehicle to the scene.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
An ambulance service spokesman said: 'Despite the best efforts of all emergency crews a person sadly died at the scene and our thoughts are with all those affected by this incident.
'One patient remains in a critical condition and has been airlifted to Addenbrookes with traumatic injuries to their head, pelvis and femur.
'A third casualty was conveyed by land ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich and their condition is not serious.'
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said fire crews from Sprowston, Wroxham and Earlham had gone to the crash scene and cut one person out of a vehicle.
The road has reopened.
Police appealed for any witnesses to the crash to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.