UPDATE: Norwich road closed for next few days after flooding
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
A stretch of road in Norwich remains closed today after part of the surface lifted following heavy rain last night.
Hellesdon Road is closed between the Marl Pit Lane junction and the Hellesdon Hall Road junction because of flooding.
Norfolk Police received a call at just after 6pm yesterday to reports of flooding on Hellesdon Road which resulted in damage to the surface.
Anglian Water will be carying out repair works on the road, expected to last two to three days, and diversions will be in place in the meantime.
The spokesman said: 'We know road closures are going to be disruptive and we are sorry but we do need to carry out this repair and diversions will be clearly signposted.'
You may also want to watch:
The closure is expected to cause difficulties for visitors travelling to the Royal Norfolk Show, with drivers advised to take alternative routes
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?