Update: Norfolk road re-opens after three-vehicle crash, in which an elderly woman suffered ‘serious injuries’
Police say a motorist has been seriously injured in a three-vehicle crash tonight.
Lynn Road was closed in both directions between its junctions with Brickley Lane and Station Road, at Ingoldisthorpe, Snettisham and near Dersingham, for almost five hours.
Norfolk police were called to the crash, near the junctions of The Drift and Hill Road, Ingoldisthorpe, at 5pm.
They said a Ford Ka crashed into a fence, while a Ford Transit van and a Suzuki car were also involved in the incident.
Ambulance and fire crews attended. The firefighters were based at Heacham and Sandringham
You may also want to watch:
The person described as seriously injured by police was travelling in the Suzuki car.
The East of England Ambulance Service said it treated three casualties after arriving at the scene at 5.02pm.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
A spokeswoman for the service confirmed one person had been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King's Lynn.
She said the casualties included an elderly woman with 'serious injuries' and a woman in her 20s, described as 'conscious and breathing'.