Update: Flights begin to arrive at Norwich International Airport following disruption caused by fog
Flights into Norwich International Airport are now resuming following the disruption to services caused by today's foggy weather conditions.
Planes were unable to land this morning because of the conditions, and this had a knock-on effect with outbound flights as the planes were then not in place to begin outbound journeys.
However, normal service is now beginning to resume.
A Norwich International Airport spokesperson said the first plane to land at the airport today was the Thomson TOM5249 flight from Palma Mallorca that was due to arrive at 12.05pm and landed at 12.35pm.
The BD1310 flight from Aberdeen, that had been due to land at 8.20am, then landed at 12.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
The BD1311 flight to Aberdeen, that had been due to leave at 8.45am, departed at 1.08pm.
The spokesman said that as the fog was clearing it was hoped services would return to normal as soon as possible.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
Among the flights that were cancelled this morning was the BE6874 flight from Manchester.
Passengers should continue to keep an eye on the airport's website which will be regularly updated.
For more information visit www.norwichairport.co.uk