Two for one then goes into Seven as Trevor builds his Austin
- Credit: Trevor Morgan
Trevor Morgan build one good Austin Seven out of two that he bought in 1957 for £26 and later sold it for a profit. Happy motoring!
I bought my first car, an Austin 7, in 1957 – it was actually two cars for £26. One car was in a bad condition but I made one good car from the two of them.
I painted the interior seats with 'liquid lino' paint and put in carpet squares, fitted new motorbike tyres and had a full service from a small local garage costing 10 shillings (50p).
I had the car for about two years and sold it for £28! My fiancee and I travelled many miles around Devon.
If I had four people in the car it went very slowly up steep hills and nearly stopped. We called our little car Odee as the registration letters were OD.
You may also want to watch:
I enclose a picture of the car, which I painted.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
Tell us about the adventures you had in your first car – email your memories with a picture of the car to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Andy Russell, Archant motoring editor, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE.