Two crashes on same stretch of road amid black ice warning
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Two crashes on the same stretch of road in Norfolk left a driver in hospital after their car rolled over on to its side.
Police were called to the A143 Yarmouth Road at Toft Monks, near Haddiscoe at just after 6.15am on Thursday, February 11.
The car had rolled on its side and crashed into a hedge close to Glebeland Primary School.
A passing ambulance took the driver to the James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston as a precaution, although they were not injured.
Norfolk police said the car would be recovered in due course.
While officers were at the scene, they came across a second crash which had happened on the A143 near to Gillingham at just after 7am.
A car had gone into a ditch, although nobody was hurt.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 4 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 5 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 10 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12