Traffic marshals on duty as Norwich braces itself for one of the busiest weekends of the year
- Credit: Archant
Traffic marshals are operating in Norwich today on what is expected to be one of the busiest days of the Christmas period.
With Norwich City at home to Brentford and just three more weekends until Christmas Day the city is expected to be packed today with football fans and festive shoppers.
Roads in the centre have already been gridlocked this week, with queues building down Ber Street and past
But, today, traffic marshals are on hand to guide traffic at both the Forum and John Lewis shopping centres.
You may also want to watch:
A Christmas journey planning website for the city – www.norfolk.gov.uk/tfn – is also now up and running.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP