Traffic marshals on duty as Norwich braces itself for one of the busiest weekends of the year
- Credit: Archant
Traffic marshals are operating in Norwich today on what is expected to be one of the busiest days of the Christmas period.
With Norwich City at home to Brentford and just three more weekends until Christmas Day the city is expected to be packed today with football fans and festive shoppers.
Roads in the centre have already been gridlocked this week, with queues building down Ber Street and past
But, today, traffic marshals are on hand to guide traffic at both the Forum and John Lewis shopping centres.
You may also want to watch:
A Christmas journey planning website for the city – www.norfolk.gov.uk/tfn – is also now up and running.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow