Top technicians show their skill
- Credit: supplied
Dingles technicians Dan Pick from Toyota and Tony Simmons from Lexus earned national success in the Toyota and Lexus Technician of the Year 2013.
Tony was awarded the Lexus Technician of the Year 2013, with Dan deservedly being runner-up in the Toyota award.
Dan has been with Dingles for more than 15 years and Tony joined Dingles when it took on the Lexus franchise in 2011.
The competition was open to all Toyota and Lexus dealerships, of which there are more than 200 in the country.
The initial stage in February opened with an online assessment of 70 questions. This was followed by a written assessment where there were 12 technicians – eight Toyota and four Lexus – who made it through to the final practical stage in June.
You may also want to watch:
Both Dan and Tony made it through to this final practical where they were competing for their respective top title and winning an amazing trip to Japan, the home of Lexus and Toyota.
Tony is due to fly out to Japan for in October for the award ceremony.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
Dingles managing director John Dingles congratulated Tony and Dan and said both fully deserved to reach the final stage of the competition which was an amazing achievement.